If you are eligible for Free School Meals, we encourage you to make the claim for the following reasons:
It provides your child with a meal of their choice each day in school at no cost to yourself – this can save you on the cost of a meal or packed lunches.
It also enables us to request extra funding for students here at The Redhill Academy.
How do I know if I can claim?
All children who are at school and aged under 19 at the start of the academic year (4 September 2014) and are claiming or have parents who are claiming one of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income-related employment and support allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration & Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit but who are not entitled to working tax credit and whose annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) does not exceed £16,190
- Guarantee element of state pension credit
How do I claim?
Please call Free School Meals office at Nottinghamshire County Council on 01623 433009 – or complete this online form. Please have your National Insurance number ready if calling. If you need help at all, please contact the school and we will assist you in making your claim.
Please click on the link below for more information about Free School Meals.