Thank you for your interest in joining our Academy
We constantly strive to provide a smooth and professional admissions experience and are excited to move our admissions process to an environmentally-friendly online platform.
BEFORE YOU APPLY
Please use the Nottinghamshire County Council school catchment search tool here to search for your school catchment area. If you are in Redhill’s catchment, this tool will confirm it – a blank response means you are not in Redhill’s catchment.
Our Feeder Primary Schools are currently:
- Arnold Mill Primary School
- Killisick Junior School
- Richard Bonington Primary & Nursery School
- Robert Mellors Primary School
- Burntstump Seely Church CofE Primary Academy
OUR ADMISSIONS POLICY
Students who have a Statement of Special Educational Need or Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) where this school is named in the Plan will be admitted.
Where the number of applications for admission exceeds the number of places available, the following criteria will be applied in the order set out below, to decide which children to admit:
- Looked after children or children who have been previously looked after.
- Up to 10% of places will be allocated to pupils who, at the closing date for applications, can show an aptitude for the Performing Arts, and whose parents have requested a place at the school. Places will be allocated on the basis of those achieving the highest scores following the completion of the aptitude process, as published in the school’s prospectus.
- Children who, at the closing date for applications, will have a sibling attending the school.
- Other children who live in the catchment area at the closing date for applications.
- Children who live outside the catchment area but who on 31 October preceding admission attend the Redhill Family of Schools (Arnold Mill Primary, Killisick Junior, Richard Bonington Primary, Robert Mellors Primary, Burntstump Seely Church CofE Primary Academy).
- Other children who live outside the catchment area.
If applications exceed the number of places available the school will operate a waiting list in which priority for places will be given on the basis of the above criteria.
Our full admissions policy is available to download at the bottom of this page.
KEY DATES & DEADLINES
Year 6 Open Evening: Thursday, 14th of September 2023 from 6:30pm
Performing Arts Aptitude application deadline: Thursday 19th of October 2023
Nottinghamshire County Council online application deadline: Tuesday 31st October 2023
Performing Arts Aptitude assessment evening: Wednesday 8th of November 2023, 3:30 - 6:30pm
National Offer Day: Friday 1st March 2024
PERFORMING ARTS APTITUDE APPLICATION FORM & GUIDANCE NOTES
Performing Arts Aptitude Evening: Wednesday 8th of November, 3:30-6:30pm
During the aptitude evening, students will take part in a range of group workshops (dance, music & drama) led by Redhill Academy Performing Arts staff. Students are free to bring their own instrument if they wish, though this is not a requirement. Please let us know of any specific access arrangements that may be required.
This application form is linked to the admissions criteria that have been agreed upon by the Governing Body of The Redhill Academy for intake in Year 7 for September 2023.
It will be used as the basis for decision-making by the Governors’ Panel on Admissions. It is important that parents complete this application form in as much detail as possible.
Contact may be made by the Academy with the primary school and other external organisations solely for the purposes of verifying information provided by parents.
The procedure is as follows:
- Parents download the Redhill Performing Arts Aptitude Application Form below or request a paper copy from the school; parents will also find a copy in the prospectus. At the same time, parents must also fill in the (online) Local Authority Common Application Form.
- Parents complete the Redhill Performing Arts Aptitude Application Form and return it, with any supporting evidence, to the Academy Main Office by Thursday 19th October 2023.
- All Performing Arts criteria applicants are invited to an Aptitude Evening on Wednesday 8th of November, between 3:30 - 6:30pm.
- Successful applicants are allocated a place. These students will hear of the outcome of their application at the same time as other students in the County, i.e. on National Offer Day – 1st March 2023. Unsuccessful applicants re-join the pool of first preferences.
- These applications in addition to the other first preferences are then allocated a place according to the remaining admission criteria. These students will hear of their place at the same time as other students in the county on 1st March 2023.
The Performing Arts application form is available to download at the bottom of this page.
IN-YEAR ADMISSIONS PROCESS
Our in-year admissions process is available to download at the bottom of this page.